Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Moody gifts his neighbor a turban on his birthday (satire)


Moody was in a good mood, he had set yet another trend in diplomacy. He has gifted his neighbor a turban on his birthday and has been hailed as a true statesman who does not believe in boundaries between neighbors.
‘Yes,’ Sue Sharma was all praises for her boss. ‘You have shown real courage in dropping by on our neighbor disregarding normal procedures.’
‘I have always wanted to take everyone by surprise. I want to do things in my way,’ Moody said.
‘I know,’ Jet Lee joined in – he had just entered. He was accompanied by Nitty Gadcurry, Pro Cash, Uma-ji and Baba Someday. ‘Formal meetings do not produce desired results. It is the age of short cuts.’
‘Tell me, do they have plans to link up to our Golden Quadrangle?’
‘That did not come up for discussions,’ Moody said. ‘We must not rush our fences. We have to proceed cautiously.’ ‘You must have broached the subject of Pat & Jolie?’
‘It was just a courtesy call,’ Moody reminded. ‘I had gone to wish him on his birthday. And – the turban I always carry with me came in handy. He was so happy.’
‘What was the sequence of events?’ Pro Cash wanted to know.
‘Actually when I was waiting for the flight to take off from Kabul, I checked the list of birthdays stored in my mobile,’ Moody explained. ‘That is when I came across his name. I wanted to send him an SMS but decided against it - SMS is so impersonal’
‘So?’ Jet Lee prompted.
‘I rang him up,’ Moody went on. ‘He was overjoyed. Poor fellow – he does not have any close friends to talk to.’
‘And?’ it was now Sue Sharma’s turn to prompt him.
‘The rest is history,’ Moody said. ‘He invited me over for lunch – just like a good neighbor. I checked and found that I had a turban with me. That would be fine as a gift.’
‘What else do you carry with you on your trips to give as gifts?’ Baba Someday asked.
‘That is my trade secret,’ Moody smiled – which was very seldom.
‘Tell me, how dirty are the rivers there?’ Uma-ji asked. ‘Would I get a chance to clean up their rivers? With my experience, I think I could do a good job.’
‘I don’t think it matters much,’ Moody said. ‘River cleaning was not on my agenda.’ (to be continued ..)

(Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org)

Some more interesting links -

Moody on climate change – promote bullock carts and tonga (satire)

Baba Someday to use gobar gas and yoga for space flights (satire)

Momo and sushi gear up to dislodge jilebi and pedhas (satire)


Winterline carnival in Mussourie - enjoy hot air balloon rides

Mamata Banerjee visits Digha sea beach and outlines her plans

Elon Musk finally gets it right - SpaceX rocket lands back on Earth vertically


'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' takes the world by storm - set to break records

Batman Ben Affleck, the Dark Knight, speaks up

When Bollywood film stars fall in love with Kolkata


British Muslim family not allowed to travel to Disneyland from Gatwick airport

ISIS chooses jungles of Philippines as its training camp

Terror attacks in Paris makes the US issue global alert for its citizens

No comments:

Post a Comment