Saturday, April 16, 2016

Didi wants to move around fast and wants a solution (satire)


Didi has, of late, been losing her sleep. She is a sincere politician who believes in maintaining a clean slate and sleep, to her is just a few hours of zooming in and out of a world devoid of the dirt and grime of politics.
Moo Cool did not miss the signs. He was an old hand at the game and knew just how to soothe the nerves of others.
‘Would you like to use the helicopter again?’ he asked Didi.
‘Yes, I want one,’ she replied. ‘Actually, I wish I had wings built into my body. Then I could take off like the birds and land wherever I want.’
‘That would be a wonderful idea,’ Moo Cool nodded.
‘If you want, I can float the proposal on our website,’ Dee Wreck said. ‘We have bright young men and women who can develop such a machine. And - we can even market it.’
‘I think that would be a proposal worth looking into,’ Omit Misra said. ‘It would fall in the category of industries and would generate employment also.’
‘What about land?’ Didi asked.
‘We will ask the designers to design it in such a way that requirement of land is kept to the minimum.’
‘We could name it Icarus Industries – or Double I,’ Dee Wreck said. ‘We could invite participation of the Greeks because Icarus was a Greek.’
‘It is all Latin and Greek to me,’ Didi sighed. ‘I want a comfortable mode of transport. The road journeys take up too much time and I get tired sitting cooped up for hours on end. I want a solution.’
‘I have a suggestion,’ Abhi Shake spoke.
‘What is it?’ Didi looked at him.
‘We could go in for drones,’ Abhi said. ‘That is the latest in flying. Online shopping portals are planning to use drones for delivery of their products. We could have drones to transport one person to a predetermined location. And – there would be no need for pilots. It would be programed in advance.’
Didi looked at Dee Wreck.
‘I think you can give this some thought,’ she said. ‘This could be another proposal for an industry.’ (to be continued …)


Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org

Some more interesting links -

Moody’s policy – love thy neighbor (satire)

Lord Shiva wants to be the King of good times (satire)

Narad queers the pitch for Didi & Co (satire)


France continues to attract tourists despite the terror attacks

Summer sees high occupancy rates in Kanpur cinema halls

Five killed in sightseeing helicopter crash near Great Smokey Mountains National Park


ISIS still holding 30 workers out of 300 kidnapped from cement factory in Dumeir

Another Bangladeshi blogger killed in Dhaka because of his views on religion

Florida hunters bag a 15-foot 800-pound massive alligator


Indonesian pop star dies after being bitten by a cobra on stage

Tom Hiddleston denies that he would be next James Bond

“Sicario 2” - Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro will team up again

No comments:

Post a Comment