Monday, May 16, 2016

Mama comes calling on Moody (satire)


It was a special day for all mothers and Moody’s mama was no exception. She came calling on him and took him by surprise. He had to reschedule his activities to show her around his sprawling garden and he did it in style. He donned a totally different dress and looked great in his T-shirt and tight trousers.
Actually, her sudden visit would have taken him by surprise but for the phone call from his long forgotten neighbor. Moody was packing up for the day when the phone call came.
‘How are you my friend?’ Na Buzz asked.
‘I’m fine, how about you?’ Moody replied.
‘I wanted our friendship to grow but that is not happening,’ Na Buzz sighed. ‘I still remember when you invited me over for your coronation. We exchanged gifts for our mothers.’
‘It was good while it lasted,’ Moody said. ‘But, good things do not last forever.’
‘I know,’ Na Buzz said. ‘Uncle Sam is angry with me. He does not want to sell me his fighters.’
‘Most unfortunate. Tell me – why did you ring up?’
‘I was remembering Mother’s Day,’ Na Buzz said. ‘I just thought how nice it would be if we had our mothers with us. By the way – how is your mother?’
‘She is just fine.’
‘She stays in your village, right?’
‘Yes. She is happy there.’
‘I think you will soon get a surprise,’ Na Buzz gave a light laugh.
‘Surprises are not new to me,’ Moody replied.
‘Why don’t you invite your mother over to your place? I know you have a wonderful garden – she would love to see the flowers.’
‘Na Buzz-ji, what is it that you are trying to tell me?’
‘You will know soon enough,’ Na Buzz laughed. ‘My information network is better than yours. Obviously, your intelligence network has failed.’
Na Buzz disconnected and Moody had his dinner and retired to his bed. And, next morning, his mother was there at his gate. She had arrived unannounced. The guard stopped her and when she revealed her identity, they rang up Moody and he came running.
Later in the day, Na Buzz rang up again.
‘Have you wished your mother Happy Mother’s Day?’ he asked.
‘I have,’ Moody said. ‘But – how did you know?’
‘I told you, I have my methods,’ Na Buzz replied. ‘I was just wondering – why don’t we go in for another round of spreading goodwill?’
‘How?’
‘My mother loves Alphonso mangoes. And – I know your people love onions. That could be a starting point.’ (to be continued …)


Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org

Some more interesting links -

Cruise ship Harmony of the Seas can accommodate more than 8,000 passengers and crew

Leopards in search of food on the prowl in streets of Gujarat

Bust the obesity timebomb with grapes and oranges


Monsoons and Didi’s flipflops aka Hawaii chappals (satire)

Chopper scam and Moody’s questions (satire)

Baba Someday, his yoga and Pat & Jolie face cream (satire)


High alert in Cannes for the film festival where 45000 people would attend

Kavita Kaushik to play the role of an Army doctor in TV show “Dr. Bhanumati on Duty”

Lady Gaga to portray legendary singer Dionne Warwick in 'Dionne'


Bombs rock Baghdad - ISIS car bombs kill at least 89

No buyers for Zimmerman's gun that killed Trayvon Martin in 2012

Australian police arrest five men who planned to go to Syria by boat to join ISIS

No comments:

Post a Comment