Monday, November 28, 2016

Didi sharpens her weapons to conquer the Hindi belt (satire)


Didi has plans to boost her tribe and feels that she must explore other states for possible wins. Her slogans are aimed at touching the heart strings of the poor and downtrodden and, when she takes the stage, the words keep flowing out, as if by magic.
‘Yes,’ Moo Cool agreed in one of her meetings. ‘You are the new leader of the masses. You can become the No 1 in no time. Only – you must master the language.’
‘I also agree,’ Fear Had nodded. ‘You can converse in Hindi. You do speak in Hindi when visiting Burra Bazar – but, if you have to speak in Hindi nonstop for a long time, you might be handicapped.’
‘I feel you must get a good tutor,’ Dee Wreck said. ‘You still have some time before you embark on your Mission Lucknow and Mission Patna. A couple of hours every day in your chamber in Nabanna will do the trick.’
Didi listened to them and laughed.
‘Don’t underestimate me,’ she said. ‘I listen to the TV news channels and they speak in Hindi. It is the link language of our country. I am able to get my point across to the leaders in Delhi. I can give them back in their own coin.’
‘I know that you can,’ Dee Wreck went on. ‘But – at the grassroots level people love to listen to someone who talks in their lingo. So – my suggestion is that you go fully prepared. We don’t want you to be disappointed. We want our flag to fly high.’
Didi sighed.
‘Well – if all of you want it that way, so be it,’ she said. ‘I believe in the maxim – when in Rome, do as Romans do. I’ll talk like them, I’ll dress like them. I want them to strengthen my hands.’
‘Don’t worry,’ Moo Cool assured. ‘I will take care of all that. Only – it should not be like that Jantar Mantar episode when that old man let us down.’
‘Let us not dwell on the past,’ she said. ‘Let us look at the bright future. Akki Lace has agreed to sit on the dias with me.’
‘The recipe for success is Hindi is a little smattering of Urdu and Bhojpuri,’ Moo Cool said. ‘The land of Nawabs love the pehle-aap lines.’
‘And – the Biharis will be floored by Bhojpuri,’ Dee Wreck added. (to be continued ..)


Image courtesy wikimediacommons.org


Some more interesting links -

President Pranab Mukherjee to be present for Vikramshila Mahotsav

Baliyatra fair on the banks of the Mahanadi sees over one lakh visitors on opening day

Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin to bury the hatchet and work together to fight terrorism


Lord Shiva and long ATM queues - bullock carts and ATM don't gel (satire)

Moody fires cannons to eliminate mosquitoes (satire)

Fuchka Festival in Kolkata and selfies (satire)


Spanish police arrest two suspected ISIS terrorists in Barcelona and Madrid

At least 52 killed and more than 100 injured in a bomb blast at a remote Sufi shrine in Pakistan

Joint action by RFA, Royal Navy and US Coast Guard nets huge haul of cocaine from the sea


La La Land to have its Indian premiere at the Jio MAMI Film Club

Jackie Chan gets an Oscar after a 56-year career

Spider-Man: Homecoming will see Michael Keaton as Spider-Man's main adversary Vulture

No comments:

Post a Comment